Alexander Fleming’s Penicillin specimen

This penicillin specimen in a gilded frame by Wilson & Gill, was presented in 1952 by Alexander Fleming to Edgar E. Lawley (1889 - 1977), a successful businessman and philanthropist who was also Chairman of St. Mary's Hospital Medical School1. Now, it is displayed in the Alexander Fleming Laboratory Museum, St.Mary's Hospital, London.

  • Photo by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (July 2011), courtesy of Kevin Brown, on behalf of the Alexander Fleming Laboratory Museum.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License