This marble bust of Ambrogio Bertrandi is one of the Medical Monuments in the University of Turin central building and can be seen in the first floor gallery (south side). It is a work of sculptor Antonio Lusardi and was finished in 1894, on the initiative of Scipione Giordano1.
Under the bust, an Italian inscription reads as follows: "AMBROGIO BERTRANDI / DELLE DISCIPLINE ANATOMO-CHIRURGICHE / CULTORE MAESTRO INSIGNE 1755-65 / FONDATORE DELLA SCUOLA OSTETRICA / SCIPIONE GIORDANO VOLLE RICORDARE NEL MARMO / 1894".
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (June 2010)
- Locate the item on this Google Map