This marble (?) bust of Amedeo Avogadro can be seen in a public garden of Vercelli (Largo Marinone), near the Old "Ospedale Maggiore". The monument, sculpted by Emilio Musso, was erected by the Municipality in 1956, the centennial of the scientist's death. The Italian inscription remembers that Avogadro discovered his famous law while teaching physics in the Royal College of the town, between 1809 and 1819.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2010)
- Locate the item on this Google Map