This building was erected during the reign of Ferdinand II of Bourbon and completed in 1845. Overlooking the natural harbor of Ischia, the main town of the island, this complex is the main evidence of the ancient thermal nature of the island of Ischia in the Gulf of Naples. This thermal complex uses thermal spring of "Fornello", rediscovered by the Calabrian doctor Giulio Iasolino in the second half of the sixteenth century. Currently it is also used as a meeting room and museum exhibitions.
- Photos by Emmanuel Lauro ti.oiligriv|49orualleunamme#| (February 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- P.Buchner, Giulio Iasolino: Medico calabrese del Cinquecento che dette nuova vita ai bagni dell'isola d'Ischia, Rizzoli Editore, Milano 1958
- Various Authors, Le cure termali nell'Isola d'Ischia, Centro Studi Termali dell'Isola d'Ischia Julio Jasolino, Associazione Termalisti dell'Isola d'Ischia, Barano d'Ischia 2003