This neoclassic monument to Asclepius can be seen inside the garden of Villa Flaminia, today a private school, in Rome (Viale del Vignola, 56). It was built in 1811. In fact, the Latin inscription reads as follows: "D. AESCULAPIO D. ANNO MMDLXIV A. V.C", which means "dedicated to the god Asclepius in the year 2564 from the founding of the City [of Rome]".
More information on the Villa Flaminia's official website (in Italian).
- Photos by Giorgio de Majo (May 2016)
- Locate the item on this Google Map