The Banting and Best Department of Medical Research (BBDMR) is a part of the University of Toronto (112 College Street). It is named after co-discoverers of insulin Frederick Banting and Charles Best. In 1950, the Best Institute was constructed beside and connected to the Banting Institute on College Street. For many years, the Best Institute was home to a dedicated team of biomedical researchers who were members of the BBDMR, and the Institute enjoyed a proud history as a preeminent Canadian biomedical research centre1.
- Photos by Nicola Di Stefano ti.supmacinu|onafetsid.n#| (August 2013)
- Locate the item on this Google Map