This marble bust of Bartolomeo Eustachi can be seen in the place of honor of the council room in the town hall of San Severino Marche (Piazza del Popolo, 45). It was commissioned by the Municipality in 1882 to local sculptor Ercole Rosa (1846-1893) who then worked in Rome; the bust arrived in San Severino on the 8th of November 1884, but only on the 19th of September 1886 it was solemnly inaugurated in the public garden of the town1. Later the bust was transferred to its current location, while a bronze replica can be seen in the square in front of the town hall.
- Photos by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (July 2012), courtesy of Comune di San Severino Marche.
- Locate the item on this Google Map