The Billrothhaus is the headquarters of the Gesellschaft der Ärzte in Wien (College of Physicians) in Vienna (Frankgasse, 8). The project for a new society house was entrusted to Austrian architect Ludwig Richter and the new building was officially inaugurated on October 27, 1893, by Theodor Billroth, then President of the College. The building was named after Billroth only 1919, at the proposal of Anton Eiselsberg, the College President of that time.
Billrothhaus contains a huge medical library and a very beautiful conference room, along with many paintings and monuments of famous Austrian physicians.
The bust of Emperor Franz Joseph and the inauguration/restoration memorial tablets
The main staircase
The large library
The main conference hall
A meeting room
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2016), courtesy of Dr. Felix Wahlmüller, Gesellschaft der Ärzte in Wien
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Alfred Luger's portrait
- Carl von Rokitansky's portrait
- Joseph Škoda's portrait
- Theodor Billroth's bas-relief
- Theodor Billroth's bust
- Theodor Billroth's marble bust
- Karl Heinz Tragl, Geschichte der Gesellschaft der Ärzte in Wien seit 1838, als Geschichte der Medizin in Wien, Böhlau Verlag, Wien 2011, pp. 435