Since 1906, this building in Vigorso di Budrio has been the seat of the first sanatorium against tuberculosis in the Province of Bologna, on the initiative of the country doctor Ettore Zanardi. It hosted more than 100 sick people and offered the best therapeutic measures available at that time1. After the Second World War the buildings were converted in a prosthetic center still functioning as one of the best in Italy2.
- Photos by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (May 2011)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Ettore Zanardi, Dei Sanatori in pianura. Il sanatorio popolare di Budrio, Pongetti, Bologna 1906, pp. 32