The church is the only remained building of the Ca’ Fancello’s old village in Treviso. It was built in the eighteenth century and survived the destruction of the ancient village due to the construction of the new hospital. In 1985, Pope John Paul II visited it and in October 13th of 2002 it was dedicated to Maria Bertilla Boscardin, a nun nurse who worked in Ca’ Foncello’s hospital.
Prayer of "Maria Bertilla" - 1919
Sentence pronounced by "Maria Bertilla" on his deathbed
- Photos by Elisa Zanatta moc.liamg|01attanazasile#|, ( January 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Cagnin Giampaolo, D'Andrea David, Gasparini Danilo, Santa Maria dei Battuti di Treviso. L'ospedal Grando, Terra Ferma Edizioni, Vicenza 2001, secc. XV vol. 3, pp. 68.