Just in front of the main entrance of the Collége de France in Paris (11 Place Marcelin Berthelot), a big stone statue of Claude Bernard, one of the most prominent representatives of this historical Institution, can be seen. In 1886, six years after his death, a bronze statue had been erected in the court of the Collége1, but it was dismissed and melted by the Germans during Paris occupation of the World War II. After the war, a stone statue - similar to the original one - was placed in its actual position.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map