The Chantry, the house in Berkeley, Gloucestershire, in which Edward Jenner lived from 1785 until his death in 1823, is now a Museum devoted to honour his memory and to promote "a public understanding of immunology, the science underlying Jenner's work and developed from it"1.
In the garden, also famous Jenner's Temple of Vaccinia can be seen. It "is a small square building of stone under a thatched roof. It is decorated around its doorway and inside with large sections of bark from forest trees. It contains a small fireplace. In this building Edward Jenner vaccinated the poor people of the district, without charge. It is internationally important for its historical and architectural interest, and is being carefully conserved"2.
- Locate the item on this Google Map