Escuela Dr Guillermo Rawson

This building, with elements of neo-colonial style, at the end of 18th Century was the headquarters of the Protomedicato, a regulatory institution for the practice of Medicine; then, between 1858 and 1887, it became the first School of Medicine in Buenos Aires (Avenida Humberto 1°, 343 in the San Telmo district)1. Now it is named after the physician, hygienist and politician Guillermo Rawson.

  • Photos by Laura Ceni (March 2011)


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License