First Italian removable public toilet

This item is one of the most significant and considerable pieces hosted by the Museum of Sanitary Arts (Museo delle arti sanitarie) of the Hospital for Incurables Ospedale degli Incurabili of Naples. It is the first example of a removable public toilet and was used in the railway stations of Naples and Portici, which were the first Italian railway stations, built between 1836-1839 for the will of Ferdinand II of Borbone, king of Naples.

toilet%20.JPG
  • Photos by Piergiorgio Turco (November 2011)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License