The bronze monument of Georges Louis Leclerc de Buffon can be seen right in the middle of the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. It was made in 1883 by French sculptor Jean Carlus. Originally intended for the Hôtel de Ville de Paris1, it was transferred to its current location at the beginning of the 20th Century, probably in 1908.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map