Just in front of the old Civic hospital in Rapallo (Piazza Molfino), this marble statue of Giovanni da Vigo can be admired. It is a work by sculptor Carlo Rubatto and was unveiled in 1846. It was initially placed on top of a fountain in Piazza Venezia, then on the seafront and finally in its current position1. On the basament of the statue we can read the following Italian inscription: "GIOVANNI DA VIGO / CHIRURGO E SCRITTORE [surgeon and writer] / 1450 - 1525".
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2010)
- Locate the item on this Google Map