Girolamo Fabrizi d'Acquapendente's memorial

In 1613 Girolamo Fabrizi d'Acquapendente had his family chapel restored, in the beautiful church of St Francis (1149) in Acquapendente. The superior part of the altarpiece from that chapel - probably dismantled in 1747 - is now embedded into the right wall of the church, with a little portrait of Fabrizi in the place of the original sacred image1.

The little portrait is an oil by Giovanni Mataloni painted in 1894 and inspired by the Pasqualoni's one2.

  • Photos byLuca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l# | (march 2009)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License