In view of a growing popular devotion, Giuseppe Moscati's body was transferred in the famous Jesuits' church of Gesù Nuovo1, in Naples, in 1930, only three years after his death2: the original gravestone with inscription can still be seen on the right side of the church, just before the entrance to the Stanze Moscati.
The latin inscription on the gravestone reads as follows: "JOSEPHUS MOSCATI / DOCTRINA CLARUS RELIGIONE CLARIUS / QUI IN MEDICINA EXERCENDA / CUM CORPORIBUS ANIMOS CURABAT / MAGIS IN DIES PERCREBESCENTE / FAMA SANCTITATIS / EMI S.R.E. CARD. ALEXII ASCALESI / INTERVENIENTE DECRETO / A. IV AB OBITU R.S. MCMXXX / HEIC CINERES CONDITOS HABET".
A recent metal plaque explains in italian that: "IL 16 NOVEMBRE 1977 / IL CORPO / DEL BEATO GIUSEPPE MOSCATI / E' STATO POSTO SOTTO L'ALTARE / DELLA CAPPELLA DELLA VISITAZIONE", where actually can be found and venerated.
- Photo by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (august 2008)
- Locate the item on this Google Map