Grammar school "Luca De Samuele Cagnazzi" in Altamura (Piazza Zanardelli, 30) is located in a structure which, together with the adjacent church, forms the complex of the former Convent of St. Dominic (XVI sec.). It hosted the Regional Seminar (1849), that in 1860 ceased its activities to make room for Technical and Classical schools with an annexed Boarding school, that was active until 1956. Technical Gymnasium Institute was founded in 1861. In 1867, the institute was named after Luca De Samuele Cagnazzi (1764-1852), an archdeacon, a mathematician and the inventor of tonografo (the instrument used to measure the vibrations of sound). In 1886-87 the Technical schools became public.
- Photos and main text by Lucrezia Arcari ti.oohay|iracraaizercul#| and Mariateresa Laborante ti.liamtoh|etnarobalaseretairam#| (November 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Giuseppe Oronzo Giannuzzi's letters
- Giuseppe Oronzo Giannuzzi's memorial tablet
- Giuseppe Oronzo Giannuzzi's mineral collection
- Giuseppe Oronzo Giannuzzi's photographic portrait