The Hôpital de la Charité in Paris (the main entrance was at 47 Rue Jacob) had been founded in 1606 by the Queen Marie de Médicis who entrusted it to the Brothers Hospitallers of saint John of God. After a three-centuries-long and glorious history the hospital was demolished in 1935 in order to make room to a new School of Medicine. Only the hospital chapel remains.
- Locate the area of this disappeared hospital on this [ Google Map]
- Philippe Delavierre, L'hôpital de la Charité, au faubourg Saint-Germain du XVIIe siècle à la nouvelle Faculté de Médecine, Fiacre, Montceaux-lès-Meaux 2013, pp. 179