Hospice du Valdor

The old people's home named Hospice du Valdor was built in Liège (Rue Basse Wez) in the years 1888-1889 (as remembered on the facade of the central building) and was tranformed - with the addition of new buildings - into the first geriatric hospital of Belgium in 1952.

Named after 17th century canon Pierre-Paul de Waldore, promoter of many charitable institutions in Liège, the old building of Valdor, recently restored, has an eclectic stile and is made of bricks striped with stone.

  • Photos by Luca Borghiti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2009)


- Various Authors, L'architecture hospitalière en Belgique, Ministère de la Communauté Flamande, Service des Monuments et des Sites, Brussels 2005, pp. 212-3.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License