This was the Hospital of the Knights Templar, located in the old town of Spinazzola (via Vignola,29), Barletta-Andria-Trani, in the Italian region of Apulia.
According to Giovan Battista Prignano1, it was donated to the Templars by Accardo, sir of Lecce, in 1137 A.D.
What is left of the hospital is quite different from the original structure: however, the ruins of the small Church of San Giovanni and a Latin inscription on top of an arch can still be seen. The inscription reads as follows: "VIGNOLA DOMUM HANC BAPTISTA IOANNES MIRERIS SISTO VIATOR ITER A.D. 1691" .
- Photos by Rosalba De Siati moc.liamg|49itaisedablasor#| (December 2013)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- VV. AA., Templari e Teutonici nel Mezzogiorno normanno-svevo e le Crociate, Edizioni Dedalo, Bari 2002, pag. 257-258.