The Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Madrid is the official association of physicians of the Madrid Autonomous Community. It was founded in 1898 and, since 1970, its headquarters is located in a wing of the building that was formerly the seat of the local medical school, the Facultad de Medicina de San Carlos (Calle Santa Isabel, 51).
Even if many parts of the building have been modernized due to its current destination, the Colegio still hosts some nice and very well preserved historical settings as well as many historical memories of the Colegio and the old medical school (see below: Related items).
More informations in the Colegio's official website (in Spanish).
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2013), courtesy of the Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Madrid
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Aula de Cajal
- Gran Anfiteatro
- Ivan Pavlov's memorial tablet
- Pequeño Anfiteatro
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal's memorial tablet
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal's statue
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal's statue (replica)
- The Old Library (Biblioteca)
- Agustín Albarracín Teulón (ed.), Historia del Colegio de Médicos de Madrid, Ilustre Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Madrid, Madrid 2000, pp. 696.