Istituto di Igiene G. Sanarelli

In 1935 the Istituto di Igiene Sperimentale was moved to its present location within the new Città Universitaria of La Sapienza in Rome (Piazzale Aldo Moro 5). The building was designed by architect Arnaldo Foschini (1884-1968)1 and was named after the hygienist Giuseppe Sanarelli (1864-1940), director of the Institute from 1915 to 1935. Giuseppe Sanarelli's bronze bust is placed in the entrance hall of the building.

Istituto%20di%20Igiene%20G.%20Sanarelli1.jpg
Istituto%20di%20Igiene%20G.%20Sanarelli2.jpg

Arnaldo Foschini, Rome, Istituto di Igiene G. Sanarelli (1935)

  • Photos and main text by Luigi Enrico Di Nunzio and Matteo Fiorenti (January 2017)

Related items:


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License