Istituto Mendel

Mendel Institute in Rome (viale Regina Margherita, 261) was founded in 1953 by Italian geneticist Luigi Gedda. The chair of medical genetics of the School of Medicine was held by Gedda since 1961 inside the Institute. In 1997, Gedda donated the Institute to the Foundation “Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza”, which runs the Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza in San Giovanni Rotondo.

Istituto%20Mendel%2C%20Rome%20%281%29.jpg
Istituto%20Mendel%2C%20Rome%20%282%29.jpg
  • Photo by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (January 2020)
  • Locate the item on this [ Google Map]

Related items:


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License