Istituto Ostetrico-Ginecologico "Luigi Mangiagalli"

The Obstetrical-Gynecological Institute of Milan (Via Commenda, 12), now dedicated to the memory of its main promoter Luigi Mangiagalli, was inaugurated in 1906, as a modern research clinic dedicated to guarantee all the women, above all the poor ones, a maternity without risks, under the assistance of extremely specialized personnel.

In the entrance hall of the Institute can be seen a Maternity memorial tablet, in its main courtyard a big marble statue of Edoardo Porro and in the hall of the Aula Magna a marble tablet remembering the dedication of the Institute to Mangiagalli in 1925.

  • Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (January 2008)

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License