This bronze statue of Jeanne Mance can be seen at the foot of the Maisonneuve Monument in Montreal (Place d'Armes). The Maisonneuve Monument was sculpted by Louis-Philippe Hébert in 1895 in memory of Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve, founder of the City of Montreal, that can be seen in the upper part of the monument. At the four corners at his foot, there are four statues:
1. Jeanne Mance, nurse and founder of the first hospital of the first hospital in town: the Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal;
2. Charles le Moyne de Longueuil and de Châteauguay, military leader;
3. Lambert Closse, governor of Montreal;
4. Un Iroquois.
- Photos by Mariarita Trapani moc.liamg|inapart.atirairam#| (August 2016)
- Locate the item on this Google Map