This famous marble statue of Edward Jenner, while inoculating his son, can be seen at the beginning of Room 4 of the Galleria d'Arte Moderna in Genoa (Villa Saluzzo Serra, via Capolungo 3, Genova Nervi).
It was presented by Monteverde in 1878 at the Universal Exposition of Paris where it won the gold medal. Then, the Duchess and Duke of Galliera acquired it in order to leave it as a legacy to the town of Genoa (1884). The statue was displayed in the Galleria di Palazzo Bianco until 2004 and afterwards transferred to its current location.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l# | (August 2010), courtesy of the Galleria d'Arte Moderna of Genoa.
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Maria Flora Giubilei (ed.), Galleria d'Arte Moderna of Genoa, with works from The Mitchell Wolfson jr. Collection, Maschietto Editore, Firenze 2004, pp. 38-39.