This marble monument of Luigi Carlo Farini in Ravenna (Piazza Farini) is a modern replica of the original one who was destroyed during a bombing in the night of 4th of September 1944, due to its proximity to the local railway station.
The original monument, representing Farini while tearing the Treaty of Villafranca (a momentary setback in Italian unification), was a work of Ravenna sculptor Enrico Pazzi inaugurated in 1878. The replica was made by sculptor Giannantonio Bucci based on the plaster model of Pazzi's statue and was inaugurated the 2nd of June 19951.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2012).
- Locate the item on this Google Map