Luigi Mangiagalli memorial tablet
This item deserves a more or less simple cleaning up and a bit more of attention by the public.
This item deserves a more or less simple cleaning up and a bit more of attention by the public.

In October 1925, when Luigi Mangiagalli retired, the Board of the "Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento" and the Faculty of Medicine decided to name after him the Obstetrical-Gynecological Institute of Milan.

A now almost illegible marble tablet, in the entrance hall to the Aula Magna of the Institute, remembers that event with the following italian words: "NEL GIORNO IN CUI / FULGENTE ANCORA DI FORZE FISICHE ED INTELLETTUALI / LUIGI MANGIAGALLI / LASCIA LA CATTEDRA / AUSPICE LA FACOLTA' MEDICA UNIVERSITARIA DI MILANO / IL CONSIGLIO DEGLI ISTITUTI CLINICI DI PERFEZIONAMENTO / DEDICA AL SUO NOME GLORIOSO / L'ISTITUTO DI OSTETRICIA E DI GINECOLOGIA / DOVE LA SUA TECNICA INSUPERABILE / VINSE TANTI TORMENTI".

ClinicaOstetricoGinecologicaMangiagalliMilan05.jpg

Locate this item on this Google Map.


Add a New Comment
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License