Marey tambour

The "Marey tambour" is located inside the building of the faculty of medicine in the Charité campus, in Berlin. It was developed by the physiologist Etienne-Jules Marey (1830-1904) for cardiographic, sphygmographic and manometric measurements as well as for recording of pule phenomena in peripheral vessels. The clockwork kymograph served for displaying the physical phenomena on soot-blackened paper. The object shows the peripheral pulse of an artery.1

marey%20tambur.JPG
marey%20didasc%203.JPG
  • Photos and main text by Mannella Viviana ti.liamtoh|koolyviv#| and Minelli Raffaella moc.liamg|79illenim.alleaffar#|
  • Locate the item on this [ Google Map]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License