Obstetrical forceps (c. 1726)

This obstetrical forceps is one on the first designed by Flemish obstretrician Jan Palfijn about 1726. It can be seen in the Medicine Man exhibition gallery of The Wellcome Building, in London.

  • Photo by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2011), courtesy of the Wellcome Library and the Wellcome Collection.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License