Old Hospital for the poor and for pilgrims

The hospital for the poor and for pilgrims is located in the main square of Tui, right in front of the Cathedral. It was built in 1757 by the Bishop Juan Manuel Rodriguez Castanón, to replace an older hospital that existed in the same place. This Hospital worked until the first half of the XX century, helping poors and pilgrims.
Nowadays, it has been reconverted to be the Museum and Archive of the Diocesis of Tui.

  • Photos and page layout by António Miguel Santos and Jessica Casaccia ti.supmacinu|aiccasac.j#| (October 2022)
  • Locate the item on this [ Google Map]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License