This beautiful colonial building in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, now the seat of the Rectorate of the local University, was used as a military hospital (Hospital Militar) for almost fifty years, from 1937 to 19841 On the back of the main building, with its beautiful dome, there is another building, red-painted, which was for some time the home of the nuns-nurses of the military hospital.
The decoration of the dome
The back view of the central building
The old house of the nuns-nurses
- Photos by Google StreetView (1-2) and Giuseppe Serena (3-8) moc.liamg|2erdnoig#| (March 2016)
- Locate the item on this Google Map