The old Ospedale degli Infermi has been the general hospital of Biella (via Caraccio, 5) from the beginning of the 19th century until 2014, when a new hospital was inaugurated in an other part of the city. The hospital is now definitively closed (august 2015). The oldest buildings were an adaptation of a former Augustinian convent. The 20th century hospital monoblock was inaugurated on May 19, 1939, by Benito Mussolini. Today only a few glimpses from the surrounding streets can be seen of the old hospital.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2015)
- Locate the item on this Google Map