The Osler Library of the History of Medicine can be found on the 3rd floor of the McIntyre Medical Building of the McGill University in Montreal (3655 Promenade Sir William Osler). "The Osler Library of the History of Medicine opened in 1929 to house the collection of rare medical and other books donated by Sir William Osler, the renowned physician and McGill graduate and professor. Initially comprising 8000 titles listed in the Bibliotheca Osleriana, the collection - the finest of its kind in Canada - has grown to around 100,000 works including older, rare materials as well as current books and periodicals about the history of the health sciences and related areas"1.
After deep works of renovation (2014-2015) the Library is again fully operational.
- Photos 1-2 by Francesca Fiori Nastro moc.liamg|ortsaniroifacsecnarf#| (August 2014) and 3-11 by Stefano Mastrodonato (October 2016)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Faith Wallis and Pamela Miller (eds.), 75 Books from the Osler Library, Osler Library - McGill University, Montreal 2004, pp. 182