The "Ospedale degli Incurabili" (Hospital for Incurables) in Naples (Via Maria Longo, 50) was founded circa 1519 by Catalan noblewoman Maria Lorenza Longo. The Hospital - still active even if in quite shabby buildings – has played a very relevant role in the town’s medical history and education1.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l# | (august 2008)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Biagio Lauro's bust
- Carlo Curzio's memorial tablet
- Chiostro di Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Crest of the Hospital for Incurables
- Farmacia Storica dell'Ospedale degli Incurabili
- First Italian removable public toilet
- Gaetano Conte memorial tablet
- Giuseppe Moscati memorial tablet
- Humphry Davy's medallion
- Jeanne-Antide Thouret's memorial tablet
- Museo delle arti sanitarie
- V.D.Catapano, Matti agli 'Incurabili' di Napoli, Liguori, Napoli 1995.