Ospedaletto della Congregazione di Carità

The first hospital of Brindisi was built in 1886, it was located in p.za Duomo, near the cathedral, and it was named "Ospedaletto di Santa Maria della pietà". Added to the hospital's structure there was a very usefull pharmacy directed by the wife of Antonio Perrino, a senator who lend his name, in 2002, to the odiern Brindisi's hospital: Ospedale Antonio Perrino. Unfortunately,on the 8th of november 1941, an airstrike destroyed the cathedral's bell tower which fell upon the hospital causing its distruction.

  • Photos by Francesco Pirato
  • Locate the item on this [ Google Map].


  • Gli ospedali di Brindisi, tra storia realizzazioni ricordi, Pino Balsamo

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License