Palazzo della Dogana (Customs Palace) is so called because it was Treviso's office of customs during the "Serenissima" Republic of Venice. It has been the main building of Saint Leonard's Hospital for more than six hundred years. Today it is home to the Faculty of Law of Padua's University.
Palazzo della Dogana from the inner courtyard of the hospital's complex
The emblem of the hospital. The double pendant scourge and the abbreviation of "Santa Maria" (SM) represent the symbol of the bond with the Brotherhood of Flagellants.
Stairs with scissor ramps built in 1832
- Photos by Elisa Zanatta moc.liamg|01attanazasile#| (January 2014)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Cagnin Giampaolo, D'Andrea David, Gasparini Danilo, Santa Maria dei Battuti di Treviso. L'ospedal Grando, Terra Ferma Edizioni, Vicenza 2001, secc. XIII-XX vol. 1-3, pp. 224-225.