This marble monument of italian scientist Paolo Gorini can be found in Lodi (Piazza Ospedale), near the church of St Francis where Agostino Bassi is buried. The statue is a work of Italian sculptor Primo Giudici (1852-1905) and was inaugurated - among bitter dispute - on April 30th 1899. The monument, in fact, was intended as a perpetual defiance of the local freemasons to the friars of the nearby church1.
- Photo by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (July 2007)
- Locate the item on this Google Map