The Reial Academia de Medicina de Catalunya (Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia), founded in 1770, has its headquarters in this building - a part of the original site of the Hospital de la Santa Creu - in Barcelona (Carrer del Carme, 47), since 19291.
The building had been previously the seat of the Reial Collegi de Cirurgìa de Barcelona (Royal College of Surgeons of Barcelona) - which had built the beautiful 18th century anatomical theatre2 - and then of the School of Medicine of the University of Barcelona, in which Santiago Ramon y Cajal was professor of Histology from 1887 to 1892 (as remembered by a marble tablet on the facade).
- Photos by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (September 2011)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- Alexander Fleming memorial
- Jaume Ferran i Clua's bust
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal's memorial tablet
- Sala Gimbernat (old anatomical theatre)