This beautiful terracotta bust of Richard von Krafft-Ebing can be seen along a ground floor glass corridor linking the old and the new buildings of the Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie, which is a part of the Landeskrankenhaus-Universitätsklinikum Graz in Graz. The bust was sculpted in 1903 by Ernst Fuchs and was initially placed in the old Sanatorium Mariagrun. After the closing of the sanatorium in the late 1920s, the bust has wandered in various places until, in 1995, it was donated by the family at the University of Graz which, after a restoration, recently placed it in its current position.
- Photos by Luca Borghi ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#| (August 2016), courtesy of the Clinic's direction.
- Locate the item on this Google Map