The Royal London Hospital is a teaching hospital based in east London (Whitechapel Road). It "was founded in September 1740 and was originally named the London Infirmary. The name changed to the London Hospital in 1748, and in 1990 to the Royal London Hospital. The first patients were treated at a house in Featherstone Street, Moorfields. In May 1741, the hospital moved to Prescot Street, and remained there until 1757 when it moved to its current location on the south side of Whitechapel Road, Whitechapel, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets"1.
- Photos by Adrian Thomas (March 2017), except N.1 from Google Street View (accessed 26 March 2017)
- Locate the item on this Google Map