Santa Maria della Misericordia’s Hospital, in Perugia, was founded at the beginning of the XIV century as asylum in Via Oberdan, near an old Etruscan gate. During the centuries the Hospital survived thanks to legacies, donations, heritage of whole patrimonies. In 1911 it was relocated in the old monastery of Monteluce, outside the city centre of Perugia: the surrounding wide area was filled of new pavilions and in the academic year of 1922/23 it happened the historical transfer of the Medical School, with Raffaello Silvestrini as director of the Medical Clinic. In this new Hospital were realized the departments of Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics that included Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, Dermatology and Contagious Diseases.
From the December 30th, 2008 the whole health care provision is provided at the Nosocomial Presidium in Sant’Andrea delle Fratte. This building, become operative in the eighties of XX century (the inauguration dated back to 1985), was entitled to the eminent clinician of the Medical School of Perugia, the Professor Raffaello Silvestrini. In fact, he worked a lot for the Hospital’s transfer in 1923.
Subsequently, the Hospital changed the name in Santa Maria della Misericordia.
- Santa Maria della Misericordia's Hospital in Via Oberdan.
- A particular of the Santa Maria della Misericordia's Hospital in Via Oberdan.
- Santa Maria della Misericordia's Hospital in Monteluce.
- Santa Maria della Misericordia's Hospital in Sant'Andrea delle Fratte.
- Photos by moc.liamg|icitavlas.omisoc#icitavlaS omisoC (January 2013)
- Locate the item on this [Google Map]
- AA.VV., Santa Maria della Misericordia, da Monteluce al Polo Unico Ospedaliero Universitario di Perugia, Quattroemme Editore, Perugia 2009