The Temple of Asclepius inside the Villa Borghese gardens, in Rome, was built according to classical models in 1786 by architects Antonio and Mario Asprucci together with painter Cristopher Unterberger1, perhaps as a memory of the destroyed ancient temple to the god of Medicine on the Tiber Island.
- Photos by ti.supmacinu|ihgrob.l#ihgroB acuL (October 2008)
- Locate the item on this Google Map
- G.Adanti, Le divinità della salute nell'antica Roma, Gazzetta Farmaceutica, Milano 1966, pp. 113 ss.